Carrot Cake (Steamed eggless cake) | Cakes & Desserts
Desserts are that course of a meal that is not always prepared in our households unless its a special occasion. So, on those few days when the kids do get to have desserts, they are really satifsied, no matter what the dessert is. So, why not take advantage of this and make the dessert a healthy one? Why not discard the chocolates and syrups for once and serve a healthy carrot cake to our kids this time? Not only are the kids happy, but so are you, watching your picky kids devouring the healthy dessert happily without making a fuss about eating vegetables!
Maida/All purpose flour – 1 1/2 cup
Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda- 1 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Grated Carrot – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Oil – 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Raisins, walnuts, cashew nuts (optional)
1. Take a large mixing bowl and add all the dry ingredients, i.e. maida, cinnamon powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Mix the ingredients well using a hand whisk.
3. Once mixed properly, keep it aside.
4. In another mixing bowl, add all the wet ingredients, i.e. carrot, sugar, milk and oil.
5. Mix the ingredients well until they are thoroughly blended together.
6. Now, add the dry ingredients to the bowl and again, mix well.
7. Now, add some vanilla essence and mix it in.
8. Finally, add the raisins and nuts (optional) and mix.
9. The carrot cake batter is ready.
10. Grease the cake tin with a little ghee/melted butter/oil.
11. Add some maida and dust it well.
12. Pout the batter into the cake tin and level it.
13. Steam cook the cake in a steamer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. (If you do not have a steamer, you can bake the cake in an oven at 180 degrees for about 30 to 40 minutes. Make sure to pre-heat the oven.)
14. After the cake is steamed, remove the tin from the steamer.
15. Let it cool and then remove the cake from the tin. Your cake is ready to be served!
Visit our website –
Follow us on Facebook –
Follow us on Instagram –
Follow us on Twitter –
Subscribe to us on YouTube –